Monday, July 18, 2011

Pioche.....

On the way home from Vegas we stopped in the town of Pioche to meet up with some friends that Chris knew from his mission.  It was nice to see that Chris the C to the ITY boy spent some time among them country folk. While he was reminiscing,  I liked pretending I was the wife of a miner named Bill and that we might head on down to the saloon for a drink er some whiskey.







Except everything was closed.  Oh and I don't have a husband named Bill, nor do I drink whiskey. However Chris did say that their mainstreet dates back to the 1860's.  At that time the town was  a stopping point for thieves, scoundrels and murderers.  Seventy seven people died here in gun fights before one would die of natural causes.  Interesting that once the mine closed they basically just walked away.  Didn't even bother to take the carts off the line.  You like how I used those technical mining terms such as carts and line. Yeah I thought you would. 

No comments :

Post a Comment