Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm sorry this blog post is so long, but I didn't have time to write a short one...

I haven't just sat down and wrote this semester.  There's been so much I wish I could talk about it.  I use blogging as a way to take a break from homework, but still stay in the library. Surprisingly, when there are more posts, I'm actually being more productive.  I wish I would have written more this semester.  Tuesday's I have class all night. After I run to the phone to call Chris and tell him what I've learned.  I have intelligent thoughts, statements and really feel like I contribute to society most of the time.  I haven't even mentioned my institute class on here.  I have dreams of writing posts about real things like the elections, bureaucracy, labor unions, the Constitution, federalism, moral agency, the atonement and much more.  I feel overwhelmed with gratitude about the blessings Chris and I have received this semester.  I've always paid my tithing, but have more recently been more grateful for that simple principle.  I also haven't mentioned how I still hate Sunday school.  I know one day I will be called to teach it because I would be perfectly content skipping the middle hour of church the rest of my life.  Gee whizz I need to get off the church tangent......hold on one more thing. The house I'm living in doesn't have TV, so I brought my mini car TV that only plays VHS.  I currently have the following movies on rewind.  While You Were Sleeping, Sabrina (not the teenage witch) and Pretty Women.  I'm mildly worried I might find a boyfriend named Joe Jr to knock 50 bucks of the rent, run away to Italy to write in a journal, or worst of all - become a hooker. I really need to start going to the middle hour of church here people. 

So in closing....I've always wanted to say that -It makes me feel so business and sacrament meeting like. In closing I'd like to say.  Ewe, that sounds even better.  Really all I'm going to do now is just type a bunch of quotes from my planner that I really want to remember from lectures or institute this semester. 

That is all.

 Peace Out
 (You better bet your bottom dollah I'll be saying that at my next business sacrament meeting.)


"Why does fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?"

"I'm sorry this letters so long, but I didn't have time to write a short one."
-Mark Twain

"There's only one thing more contagious than enthusiasm - it's lack thereof."

"Leaders are Readers"

"I finished 27 credits in one semester."

"Gordon B. Hinckley read 2-3 newspapers a day.  He kept up on what was going on.  He understood what was happening in the world."

"When making a decision, list the pros and cons.  Sometimes feelings were just what I followed.  Balance reason with intuition."

"Modesty has been described as telling someone how good you are without being embarrassed."

"I'm unique, just like everyone else."

"Peace is the only emotion Satan can't counterfeit."

"When the spirit speaks to us, it speaks to our spirit- as if we had no bodies at all."

"There's a difference between the spirit and your spirit."

"In the Celestial Kingdom you will continue to have children.  It will be then that you will try to find bodies for those children."

"The Holy Ghost is now in a state of probation, which if he should perform in righteousness he may pass through the same or a similar course of things that the son has."
-Words of Joseph Smith Pg. 245

"A patriarchal blessing could be described as a portion of our father's blessing we were given before we came to earth."

"Only a virtuous people can secure and maintain their freedom."

2 comments :

  1. three things:
    A. I LOVE that you've been watchin while you were on replay... makes me :) " hey Luce, is this guy botherin you... it looks like he's Leaning"
    B. I LOVE those quotes, i probably wrote them all down in my quote book, hope you don't mind and
    for C. I LOVE that i get to see you tomorrow,I've been looking forward to it all week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so it wouldn't let me identify my self, so apparently I'm "annonymous" haha but I figured you'd be able to tell who I am anyways!! sorry to bog up your comment board!

    ReplyDelete