Sunday, December 11, 2011

One Horse Open Sleigh...

My dad purchased a one horse open sleigh years a go in Vermont. It resembles the sleigh below; however, that's just a photo I found online. Restoration has allowed us to use the old antique. The sleighs history is rather amazing, but I won't get into that now.
It takes a special horse to pull.  We've used trusty ol' Doc my whole life, but as he gets older it's time to train someone new.
The green string allows time for Jade to get out the way if the horse kicks.
If you look closely you can see the poop strap? I asked my dad, "Hey what's the poop strap for." His response, "Every horses ass knows what the poop straps for."

Excuse the french, that's just my dad.

*DISCLAIMER* After posting this my dad called and said that when I thought he was saying "pooper" he was in all actuality saying "cooper."  Therefore, the official name of such a strap is the Cooper Strap and he would like the record set straight.  I don't actually understand why I didn't get that because my dad often refers to poop in a more evasive way. Come to think of it, I should have questioned my dad saying pooper in the first place. As if any of you questioned his horse knowledge in the first place.

The End 

1 comment :