Friday, January 6, 2012

The Bates...

Prior to our wedding Chris and I spent extra time with his family.  What a neat experience for them all to be in the same room after a number of years.  They often chat and keep up to date, but because of their distance it makes face to face time difficult.  As I recall it was 6 or 7 years since all the siblings and parents had been in the same room. Nothing in particular was said or did, just important for cousins to get playing time and adults rehashing memories.  
I loved hearing more stories from Chris's childhood.  I hate to brag, but Chris sure must be the favorite. Many of them had to travel clear across the country for our special day.  Matt's family included four kids on an airplane from Connecticut. Chris and I have spoken each night about how blessed we feel.  Grateful to be a part of two great families.

No comments :

Post a Comment