Saturday, January 7, 2012

Honeymooning It...

For our wedding we were gifted a stay at the Zermatt Lodge in Midway.  We both had never been, but pretty much only think about going back.  As part of our gift we received a Penthouse Suite and gift cards for all the food we could eat.  I think it's fair to say that Chris nor I had ever stayed in such luxury. 
 Like what the heck is this? Oh yeah it's the elevator we had to take to our room. What the?
 This was the sign in front of our room.  I took this pictures for two reasons.  1.)  That plaque is nicer than anything I've ever won at a rodeo and 2.) If Chris or I ever win the lottery we want to go back and stay in the same spot.  Hopefully by then I will be able to properly pronounce this name La Mon-Tag-Ne??? That's what I'm going with.
 Chris and I were beat after such a long week.  However, we couldn't not take up swimming in a natural spring in a Crater.  We headed down to a hole in the earth.  Seriously, look at the door. We jumped right in.  It was such a nice swim, but the hot water and the lazy float made us both sleep for a couple hours.
 The view at night.  Chris could be found on the balcony at all times.  The weather was unusually warm for December we couldn't help but take advantage of such nice fresh air.  
 Perhaps the only picture I could find inside our room.  We didn't bother with much photography- just enjoyed the experience.  I will say this about honeymoons.  They are more delightful than anyone ever describes.  I wish I hadn't been so so....terrified.  Seriously all jokes aside leaving your reception to live with a man can be quite nerve racking.  In fact at one point I don't think I even wanted to go. That being said, I don't recall a better trip in my time, and excuse me but I've been on quite a few trips. Living, sleeping and being with Chris longer than a few hours and not having to say good night is the best thing that's ever happened to me. 
After all this I'm pretty much 100% going to be a anniversary person.  I'm already trying to think of places we could go and stay next year.  I realize I'm a nut for travel, but seriously what a special few days.  We couldn't be more grateful for such a fun gift.
 
 
P.S. The cool part about this post is that I didn't even write about the sheep farm yet. You just wait.

1 comment :

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous time! I love the Zermatt. We had a reading conference there last year and we got to stay the night. I am glad you had a wonderful time. After you are all settled, we should get together.

    ReplyDelete