Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine Cookies...

For Valentine's I have been asking Cupid for finger nail polish. I am asking Cupid because who else do you ask for presents from on Valentines?   Also it's only logical I nicknamed Chris Cupid in my mind because their name's both start with C. 

On Friday I went in sneak of the best Valentine ever for Chris, when I found it,  I realized it cost too much so I bought myself some finger nail polish.  That story has nothing to do with the below cookies.  I am just really excited about my finger nail polish.

 Wait I guess I could connect the stories - I made these cookies because I felt bad the husb was no longer getting the best Valentine ever. Actually that's a lie. I think I made these because I realized I wouldn't be getting a Valentine. Either way who cares about all that.  This is the first thing I've ever baked that tasted good! 

JENNY'S SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE

1 CUP SHORTENING
1 1/3 CUP SUGAR
1/2 TEASPOON SALT
1 TEASPOON SODA
1 TEASPOON  BAKING POWDER
1 8 OZ PACKAGE CREAM CHEESE
2 EGGS
1 TEASPOON VANILLA
4 CUPS FLOUR

MIX & CHILL ONE HOUR
ROLL & CUT
BAKE 375 DEGREES FOR 10 MINUTES

P.S. I bought the frosting- let's not push my baking luck. Oh and Jenny is my sister who I doubt actually made up this recipe but she makes it more than me and that's what she wrote on the top of the recipe card. So if your going to call someone thievy mcthieverson I know where she lives and can help you find her.

1 comment :

  1. Yum! I'm stealing your recipe. Thank you! Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete