Friday, March 2, 2012

Cool things happening in my head...

- There's so much I want to say about my new job, but there's still so much yet to be finalized.  However, it is in Park City and will require a move.  We are excited - more about Park City than actually moving our crap.

- Being married to Chris is basically the best thing on the planet.  Yes I realize there are a lot of things on the planet.  I spend every night before bed laughing my head off - I love him.

- If I had to choose someone to play me in a movie. I would choose Gabriel Union.  Clearly, because we look so much a like.

- Zac Efron dropped a condom on the red carpet at the Lorax premier.  For some reason he's twelve in my mind and doesn't know what condoms are. How inappropriate will my mom find those two sentences?

- Yesterday I went to Sonic to get a drink and forgot our new debit cards hadn't arrived.  After digging in the ash tray. (Do people still call them that?) I was still one cent short. Bummer.

- My immune system got lost somewhere in 2011.  Since the new year I've managed to contract every mucus element that's ever existed. Double bummer.

-  I feel better doing boring things now that I'm sort of employed.  Yesterday after I realized I didn't have the debit card I did what most people would do.  I went and strolled Wal-Mart.  Although I didn't have any money I still pushed a cart to make them think I did.  Did you know Wal-Mart has a decent camping section?  Who knew?

- Sophia Grace & Rosie is about the best thing I've ever seen.  If you haven't seen them click here.

- I like Ron Paul.  If bumper stickers didn't gross me out, I'd probably get one for him and Mitt.  I say Mitt too, because I don't want G-ma Ruth to hate me.

- I've made the executive decision to try not to color my hair until the end of summer.  Hopefully this happens and my hair gets healthy.  Keep in mind that summer is happening in my head right now, so August might be very far away.

- This year will be the first year I won't get to buy back to school supplies.  I obviously should have bought more trapper keepers while I could.

- I'm really excited for camping this summer.  Chris and I have been looking at different tents.  Were having a debate about cots vs. a blow up mattress.  If you would like to add your opinion to the comment section it would be muchly appreciate.  (Keep in mind I'm pro blow up mattress.)

- Starting work will mean that I won't be able to watch Kelly Ripa at 9:00 and Ellen at 3:00.  I have to find someway to get a DVR before then.  Daytime TV is such a joke - a very very good joke.

4 comments :

  1. Congrats on your new job! What will you be doing? Just think... PC is really only like an hour and half from the great Uintah Basin and we have great places to camp! ha We went camping quite a bit last summer and over Christmas we got a blow up mattress on a cot frame... we havent tried it yet but we are hoping to try it soon..ist! We didn't like the reg blow up cus with a kid they get sandwiched in the middle... Child abuse right there.... ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kan we have to go camping. That would be so fun to hang out. You can show us the good spots. Also good advice on the cot/blow up! We are totally going that route. We don't want to smush our future children either. Can't wait for summer now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats congrats....now to the air mattress/ cot debate. Air mattresses. Cots are so WWII in an army camp on some foreign continent. Randomly enough Big Lots has sales on Coleman air mattresses every now and again, pretty sure that is the only purchase I have ever made from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mostly I love your blog and I hope you don't find it creepy that I read it... often. I decided to leave my two cents in about camping and tents but I'd like you to know that its mostly Tyson's expertise I'm quoting. When we got married we got a Springbar tent... WE LOVE IT! It's huge and awesome--no bending over when you have to change clothes or nothing! And seriously, it is SO easy to set up and take down that even I could do it. We got a 7 person tent because we're hoping somewhere down the line to have a bunch of kiddos to put in it. They have all sorts of sizes though in case you want a bigger one (please bless you have a ton of kids!! :) ) or if you want a smaller one. The only downside is they cost quite a bit. We justified the $650 because we know we'll never have to buy another tent again. (I'm pretty sure they're guaranteed for life.) Plus, they don't catch on fire. Just in case I didn't convince you, check out www.springbar.com. Hope you're doing well! Congrats on the sweet job in Park City!!! I'm jealous you're living in Heber, its SO pretty up there. Ty and I will have to come visit and maybe we could go camping? That would be fun!! Take care Danielle!

    ReplyDelete