Tuesday, May 29, 2012

10 Updates...

We've been married 5 months today, which is the same amount of time we were engaged.  Chris's response, "Oh wow, this has went by way faster than that,"  I have to agree.  Here is what we have been up to as of recent!

1.  Chris decided to leave Lowe's and is working for my brother this summer.  It's sort of perfect as he will be able to knock out quite a few credits this fall.

2.  Chris and I have been involved in a series of pranks toward each other.  It started with a water fight in our apartment.  He was pretty ticked  the next morning when he found that I froze his toothbrush in a cup of water.  I have never laughed so hard in my life. 

3.  We love the weather and take any chance we can to get out and take pictures.  We rented an awesome lens this weekend.  We're hoping to buy soon.

4.  I've been enjoying work.  There's an intense learning curve and I look forward to a time when I know more.  The Facebook flop was also a good time.

5.  I just want to eat watermelon all the time.

6.  We bought a tent on Saturday.  I tried to get Chris to set it up at the Parentals and sleep in the backyard.  He hated that idea, but I can't wait to get my camp on.  

7.  Chris recently purchased a pocket knife.  He told me he needed one because everyone in my family keeps asking him if they can use his knife.  He chose one with fake wood and gold trim - just like my dads. Which I find seriously hilarious.

8.  I ate my very first J Dawg, an ol BYU favorite.  I'm not much for hot dogs, in fact I've been known to throw up when surrounded by the smell.  However, I will say J doesn't do a bad job with his dawg.

9.  I just asked Chris what I could say about our life and he said, "We switched drawers in the bathroom, so now I don't have to move all your damn cords."

10.  We really love Heber but it's been a strange transition to a new ward.  I have a tendency to not reach out, so I'm sure I'm to blame, but we haven't made any real connections.  I sometimes wish there was a close friend here that was in a similar phase. 

And since I don't want to leave you on that bummer note here's a joke.

Q:  What do you call an alligator in a vest?
A:  An investigator

Do you get it?

3 comments :

  1. hiii - remember me? megan's friend? just creepin' on your blog for a second and feel for you on wanting a connection with people in the new ward. you sort of just wish you could have an instafriend but it definitely takes time. keep doin' your thing girl and it will get better with time! happy to see you're so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Yes I remember you forsure. I miss reading your blog. I felt to creeper to ask to read your private blog. If you want can you add me daniellebates31(at)gmail(dot)com. Also thanks for the comment. It's nice to know someone else feels the same. Hope your doing well too. I need to call Megan too. tell her to blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Danielle! You have a tent. We have a tent. We should set them up in the same vicinity of each other and call it a camping trip :) just sayin.
    P.s. how far are you guys away from flaming gorge? We just went on a trip there and found a great spot to go try your new tent out called Spirit Lake. Just an idea, we loved the fishing and even saw a moose! And it's really pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete