Sunday, July 1, 2012

Rules is Rules...

I've always been a parental pleaser, terrified of breaking any of their rules.  Now that I'm married, I often feel anxiety about rules I used to have to strictly follow. 

For example...
Being out past midnight
Having something green on my plate
Sleeping past 8am
Making my bed
Having a boy in my bedroom
Putting my clothes away
Cleaning my bedroom

The crazy part is, I haven't lived with the parentals for awhile but now that I have a home and a husband, all the sudden I'm all up in arms about the small details - making Chris eat cucumbers and enforcing bed making.  Did anyone else feel this way?  Next thing I know I'm going to be washing base boards like my mom.

1 comment :

  1. I know what you mean... I'm still figuring out what are the rules I want to keep and what are the rules I was taught. I guess when we grow up we figure out some of what our mother's say made sense :) Although mine didn't wash baseboards, and I don't really either!

    ReplyDelete