Sunday, September 23, 2012

Age ain't nothing but a number...

I've said it before but Chris and I are seven years a part, except a couple months of the year when we are eight.  I hardly notice - I don't think he does anymore. Unless we start to think back.  
Like when he was learning to skateboard and I was just being like three. 
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school - I was seven riding my horse.
When Chris met the missionaries and decided to not be naughty anymore - I was headed to my very first girls camp. Check that candy necklace. 
My personal favorite! When Chris was on his mission - I was just bein in Junior High and wearing tech vests on picture day.
When I was just staying up all night and toilet papering cars at the first of High School - Chris had just gotten off his mission and moved back from Virginia to Salt Lake to find a Mormon wife. 
But really it would be two more years until I finally took my graduation from High School pictures. 
Later on in college we finally started to kind of look the same age - I was hitting up my friends weddings.  He was visiting family in Virginia Beach.
It was still a few years after that when Chris took this picture and then moved into the same apartment complex as me, just three doors down. 
A year later this was Christmas 2010 - about a week before we went on our first date. 
Then a few months later - our first picture together.  Summer 2011. 
Now we're just married and happy as can be.  It's amazing to me how our paths crossed.  It's more amazing that even when they crossed there was other factors that forced us together.  I'm thankful for paths, I'm even more thankful for crossing them.  He doesn't look like a pedophile does he?

2 comments :

  1. Its a good thing that we are so dressed up that we are hard to tell which person we are. Remind me to tell you about my dream.

    ReplyDelete