Monday, October 22, 2012

Deer Dynasty...

We got invited to go on a deer hunt.  This time it was niece Hallie who had a tag.  She was a ball of nerves so we all woke up early and sat and waited.  There is also no talking in deer hunting - no talking at all.
 Above is dad's chair which he made out of rocks, which came crashing down about 10 seconds later.  Turns out laughing is aloud in deer hunting.
 Hallie's first shot - a miss but a great attempt.
 My husband is great at hunting.  He doesn't talk much, but laughs all the time. Who knew orange could look so good!
 Another shot and a miss, but this time we went after it.
 Going after it - fun to see my brother being a dad.  He carried that pack so she'd have something to balance on.  She got one the morning after we left.
 This is how I shoot. I couldn't help it. I love a big old nerdy pun.
I love being outside.
I love camping.
I mostly love showering after being oustide and camping. 

2 comments :

  1. Mostly... if the following equation is correct... Christopher Bates+Hunting= Christopher Bate's laughter... then please feel free to include me in the next hunt outing... you know how I feel about his laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly... if the following equation is correct... Christopher Bates+Hunting= Christopher Bate's laughter... then please feel free to include me in the next hunt outing... you know how I feel about his laughter.

    ReplyDelete