Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Banner Project...

Christmas always brings out the craft in me.  When my sisters and I went to Gardner Village for witches night, I saw a Christmas banner I loved but far too expensive for the quality.  I set out to make my own.  I love my Cricut, but still lack much needed experience.  When I sold scrapbook supplies a co-worker/ great friend setup a small lesson in the hotel room or a Cricut extraordinaire, its been years since and I'm still recalling on that one lesson to help me create.  Adding "take more lessons" to the list of things I want to do.  Anyway...
 I used this cartridge, which I'm fairly certain comes free with the Cricut.
 I simply used the shadow button and cutout Merry Christmas and backed it with brown paper.  I then cut out some small garland looking things to add some garnish. 
Dusted with Pebbles Chalk to add some texture, mostly because I wasn't sure if this goes bad and needed to check on it.  For the record, I now believe chalk lasts forever.
 Glued to the leftover twine from my wedding - except I glued it all backwards.  Chris took this picture while laughing so hard he couldn't breath.
 All done next to my mother parentals homemade stockings and just above my Christmas quilt she made as well.  That women can sew!
 All our Christmas stuff on one shelf.  Chris & Danielle first Christmas 2012. 
I guess we're really into "Believe" - one day will have more furniture to spread things out. 

3 comments :

  1. I wish I had a cricut- but I know I'd be the same way and never learn to fully use it. But your banner looks amazing... you're a pro.

    ReplyDelete