We've enjoyed such a lazy dazy January. I think back to last January, our first month married. I was un-employed, watching Netflix all day and having about 15 panic attacks. Crazy, how things can change in one year. Here's a big old update.
I did a photo-shoot for my dad's little boy suite company.
Creamy vs Crunchy - a big fight at the Bates home. Chris is a crunchy and I'm a creamy, we both won't compromise.
I have no idea how I lived without these electronic wipes. You can find them at Wal-Mart for cheap. They wipe off our flat screen like a gem!
I made my sister's peanut butter bars! She claims they are the peanut butter bars the lunch ladies used to make in Nebo School District - which used to be the bomb.com. I halved the recipe and it still made a good amount.
I hate that I did this more than anything.
By far my favorite thing in our house. I love not having to make the long reach into the cabinet. I made this in 6th grade Wood-shop. I used to put my tape's and CD's in it back in the day. Take that America!
A little Pine Wood Derby action. Chris is the Cub Master, but actually he has class every time there is an activity so I guess that leaves me as Cub Master Bates - please don't ever take the Cub off that title.
Long walks by the river, extremely important for me to soak up the sun. We follow the trails that fisherman make.
There's so much more...
-Big congrats and shout out to my cousin Patrick who got his mission call to Paraguay. The same mission his mom served in 25 years a go. Coolest thing I heard all year!
- I got a new nephew today. Brother Chris and his wife Stacey popped it out a week early. Can't wait to hear what they name him.
- I just have the Christmas episode life of Downton Abbey Season 3. Happy I found out it's "Downton" not "Downtown!" Thanks to Chris's mom!
- Chris and I have worked hard on his resume for upcoming graduation. In the meantime, he's looking for a part time something or other. We're always discussing the options.
- I don't yet understand the parameters in which I can write about my job, but I'm totally obsessed with the stock market. Get into it people! Get into it!
- I had a dream Chris was pregnant - he hated that dream, but we've laughed and laughed.
- My car battery froze and car wouldn't start. So happy that someone made that happen on a Saturday and not when I had to be to work at 7AM.
- I've been making freezer meals. Inspired by my good friend Alyse. It's changing my dinner world.
- Chris wouldn't share his warm Subway cookies today - big jerk.