Friday, January 4, 2013

Worry Warts...

I'm a natural worrier - this trait handed straight down from my mother.  My parents have always been happily married.  The only spats I vaguely recall is when my mom would worry about things that were out of her control.  I can remember my dad making light of the things she was worried about.  His honest response has always been, "why worry about things you can't control."  I find myself following in her footsteps often, frustrating Chris in a similar way.

It's strange the things I worry about and it's worse when my hormones kick for the month.  It's funny though, since Chris and I've been married he does a great job of putting me to bed.  We have completely different bed times and schedules but he makes it a priority to spend time together visiting before I fall asleep.  I don't find myself not being able to sleep because my mind is running anymore.  Instead I find myself waking up in the middle of the night trying to solve problems out of my control.

Last night in particular I woke up in the night and solved a problem I've been thinking about for awhile now. You would think once I had the solution I'd fall asleep quickly, but instead I laid awake thinking about how amazing the transformation would be - only to wake up and realize how unrealistic my solution was. 

Does anyone else understand the cycle I just described?

I know there are many solutions to excessive worrying.  I do better at it when I'm less tired or when the sun shines - go figure.  Perhaps some of you might have some things you like to do this time of year that makes you feel less full of worry warts.  Chris starts school on Monday and won't be home until late almost every night.  I can't bare the thought of it.

1 comment :

  1. I am the EXACT same way. My family thinks I need medication. :) Maybe I do!!

    ReplyDelete