Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Put one foot in front of the other...

I was out walking today and tried my hardest not to go straight to the river.  I decided to try and explore the area near Jordanelle Reservoir.  I ended up parking just below the dam.  Since there was no dam parking lot, I just sort of jimmy rigged my car in some dam mud and started walking down the dam road.  Perhaps my puns illustrate how un-impressed I was with my walk   In the distance I could see a red barn and made myself keep walking until I at least I could get a good look.
 Except when I got to the barn, there was a dirt road that looked way too inviting.
 Plus, this sign got me.  I seriously need to take up fishing.  It's pretty much the only thing I think about on these walks. 
 Bam! I found the river.  I learned along the way that the area near the river is called the Riparian Zone.  This zone only takes up 2% of Utah, yet 80% of wildlife use Riparian Zone's sometime in their cycle of life. I personally feel a part of this 80% since we moved here.  



 There you have it, my walk that wasn't supposed to be by the river.  I've decided I'm not trying to be cool and pretend I'm not obsessed.  I'm going back tomorrow because it started to get dark and I had walk clear back up the dam road.  Plus, the trail I want to try requires my snow boots, some areas just weren't conductive to my sneaks. 

1 comment :

  1. Haha I loved your dam jokes and I'm jealous that you live by all these cute barns and beautiful river! I'd probably walk more if I had that stuff to explore ;) (but then again you practically have to dangle cookies in front of me to get me to exercise... So maybe I'd still just live vicariously through your blog/pictures :p)

    ReplyDelete