Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Tate Barn...

Charleston, near Deer Creek Reservoir is one of my favorite places to go for walks.  Our apartment is near a pretty blah looking hill, a busy highway, and subdivisions.  I prefer to soak up some of the Heber Valley's amazing views while I walk, so it's worth a bit of a drive.  My most recent find is the Tate Barn, along the turn to Solider Hollow Golf Course.   This spot was the site of an old dairy farm built by Francis Tate, an emigrant who came to this valley in 1902.  It's since been re-built with similar architecture.


The cool part about this post is that I have a nephew named Tate (thank goodness not Francis); who, if I know his parents (Sisterville & Corn-chopper) he will most likely have some sort of barn when he grows up.  Perhaps I'm reaching too far for a parallel, but that's all I could think about when I was photographing this place.

3 comments :

  1. These are great pictures! It's such a beautiful day out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. ...He chops a lot of corn. P.S. I read your blog, I just never comment on anything because I'm always doing things I shouldn't be at work. I feel like commenting is taking it to far. Anyway, you're cool, you're blog is cool.

      Delete