Monday, April 1, 2013

Dutch Hollow Trail....

I've been wanting to hike Dutch Hollow Trail above Midway for a few months.  Except that the forest service locked the gate for the winter until a week a go, and I am way too much of a wuss to jump the fence. I started off a bit disappointed, large amounts of sage brush doesn't really float my boat, make my clock tick, tickle my pickle, you get the gist. 
I figured I had to get to higher ground, which involved about two hours of hiking.  Which I quite enjoyed since I had a full paid day off.  However, forgetting a hair tie is about the stupidest thing that's ever happened to me.  I don't go anywhere without a hair tie.  How I ended up on a three hour hike without one is still blowing my mind
The view from the top made up for lack of hair tie. I walked the entire trail across the top to soak up every direction.  I think I'll bring Chris when I decide to try out Burnt Ridge Boneyard.  
 
I know for a fact that I'll be going back at least once a week until we move.  Chris doesn't like me to go too far and too high when he doesn't know where I am, especially without service.  There are still so many of those big hills to explore.  Oh yeah, all above photo's were taken with my phone.  I've taken up carrying the phone instead of lugging the big camera.  Can't say I regret it one bit.  

No comments :

Post a Comment