Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Bates Boy...


We had our 20 week ultrasound appointment today. 
What an amazing experience. 
I realize babies are born everyday, but today really just hit me hard. 
I loved seeing his beating heart.  My blood flowing through his. 
Chris was so anxious before, wide eyed the entire time.  It started to make me nervous.
 He squeezed my leg when the gender was revealed.
All along I've thought it was a boy, but didn't feel any parental instinct. 
Our little Bates boy makes 12 grandsons on the Hanks side, with only four nieces.
Furthermore, on the Bates side it makes eight grandsons, with only one niece.
I guess we specialize in boys. 
Love our little guy already. 
Strangest and yet best feeling in the world. 
There's a reason God makes families. 
There's a reason this guy is being sent to us. 
Can't wait to see him in real life. 
I'm already obsessed just looking at him on the screen. 

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations Danielle! That's so exciting! I love hearing your excitement. Boys are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited for you guys! Now Devan can have a friend! And Macguire can have another kid to beat up on :)! They call him the HULK in nursery! Ahhh! They assure me he doesn't hurt anybody--just likes to growl and scare the other kids! We will have to do lunch sometime soon so I can get updated on life!

    ReplyDelete