Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Bates Garden

These are the pickings of the day from our small 3'x10' garden.


This whole garden thing is new to me.  We never had a garden growing up in Virginia.  I'm pretty dang happy I married a Country Bumpkin that knows how to garden.  Danielle always talks about her gardening days with her family.  I'm pretty sure the Hanks family would go out back and sing while working in the garden.  From what Danielle tells me, her brother Nick has a "pretty voice", so I could imagine him starting the song off..."inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow...". Nancy would probably be clogging on the sidewalk through the first verse of the song and then they all join in with Nick at the chorus.  You have to hear the song to imagine this scenario with me...
    

1 comment :

  1. You realize everyone in my family is going to kick your butt for this. You're just jealous!

    ReplyDelete