Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cedar Canyon Camping...

Last weekend my cousin got married in St. George.  We stayed Friday night in a hotel, but took our tent to find a camping spot Saturday night.  We drove clear out to Zions National Park, only to find the place packed and expensive.  As it got later in the day, we took a chance and drove back to Cedar City to find somewhere up Cedar Canyon to pitch our tent.
 We got there around 6:30 with out turkey subs and ate.  Both of us forgot matches, so no fire.  I was beat from the wedding, so while Chris explored I just laid around playing a little Candy Crush!
 It was freezing!  Only about 40-45 degree's.  I never dared move in my sleeping bag for fear I'd spring a wind leak and never recover in the cold.  These pregnant hips were sure glad when the sun started coming up.  We packed up and left, but not before we took these pics...
 Ever since I've been day dreaming of fall.  I think it's because I'm pregnant.  The third trimester needs to go by quick!  I can't wait for the weather to change. 
 On the way out we stopped for a few good views.  Cedar City will always hold a special place in my heart!
Chris and I had spent some time at Cedar Breaks before.  You can read about it here.  So we didn't stay too long.  Also I forgot to note that near our camp spot we met a guy who I refer to as, "Chester the Molester."  He came and told us we had to pay $10 to put our tent up.  Chris gave him the money, even though we are pretty sure he just went and bought beer.

No comments :

Post a Comment