Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Chris...

Happy Birthday to Chris today! He is 34 years old.  My goodness that seems old.  We are moving into the two months out of the year that we are eight years apart.  This is by far my favorite time of year.  It's the time we get to talk about how I was 11 when he went on his mission.  Today I had a doctor's appointment and we are headed to St. George for my cousins wedding as soon as Chris get's off work, that means I took the day off and spent it all in Utah County.  I like it when Chris and I are in the same county during the day. 

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Chris has a tendency to get the short end of the stick on his birthday.  Even down right having some horrible birthday's.  This is the third birthday we have spent together. The first one you can kind of read about here.  It got over shadowed by our engagement.  The second one was last year. You can read about it here.

This year I surprised Chris at work with Sweet Tooth Fairy Cupcakes!  This is the first time I was able to see inside Chris's office and meet some people he works with.  We then went to lunch at Chubby's.  They have great burgers - couldn't finish mine though.  Which is saying something for this pregnant girl.  I took one of Chris presents with me so he could open it in the car.  We're classy like that....
After lunch Chris had to go back to work and I'm just biding my time until the birthday boy comes home.  I've actually been thinking quite a bit about what I could write about Chris for his birthday post.  None of the quirky lists come to mind.  This year I'm just over blown with gratitude that I'm married to him.  He is the kindest, sweetest, most giving person I've ever met.  I'd be one big loser without him next to my side.  There you have it.  I love Chris, always have, always will!!!

Happy Birthday Mr. Bates!

P.S. Next year at this time, they'll be three of us celebrating Chris's birthday! Holy cow!

No comments :

Post a Comment