Saturday, October 26, 2013

35 Weeks....

So turns out this is the only pregnant picture of me I've taken.  It's from July around 18-20 weeks.  I realize it's sort of awful, but maybe I won't think so later in life.  Good news is, I'm still pregnant and might take one more, for posterity's sake.  The fact is, I'm not one for weekly mirror pictures.  Perhaps I'll regret that later, probably not though.  

It also turns out I’m not one for pregnancy posts all together.  Recently I've been writing a lot more in my journal and enjoy that I have some record week by week.  However, this entire pregnancy has been one word “tiresome.”  I stretch my energy on Saturday and Sunday mornings when I’m fresh.  However, no matter what list I try to accomplish during the week, I never feel like I can catch up on everything that I want to.

5:45 – 6:00 – Wake up and shower immediately.  I've tried showering at night, but struggle to stay awake on my hour commute to work.  I usually wake up right with my alarm.  My hips hurt when I wake up so I’m happy to be getting out of bed.

6:30 – Leave my house to work.  I usually listen to KSL until I get to Heber and then switch over to 97.1 ZHT.  I love good books on CD if anyone wants to donate to my cause.

7:30 – 10:30 – Morning work.  I really like this time at my job.  It gives me a chance to catch up on whatever I didn't finish from the day before.  There are not a lot of calls, other than stock quotes and such.  I research a lot of my own stock and I'm kind of obsessed with my own investing endeavors.

10:30 – I eat a snack.  This always consists on an apple and something else.  I wait all morning for my snack.  I've been so hungry the last couple weeks of pregnancy and LOVE apples.

10:30 – 1:00 – This is when work picks up and I’m usually pretty swamped. 

1:00 – Eat lunch at my desk.  I don’t go out for lunch because it’s usually an hour before market close and I’m in the middle of something.  We also have a lot of lunches brought into us.

1:30 – 3:30 – Things slow down and the brokers all start to trickle out the door.  This is usually when I start to get pretty cramped and I can feel like this little boy is telling me to stretch out.  I try and go for a walk around the building or take a small break.  The last two hours of work usually drag on for me. I’m ready to bust out the door when I’m off. 

3:30 – 4:30 – I drive home with a kicking little boy.  I try hard to lean the seat back while I talk to Sisterville on the phone.  This is by far my most uncomfortable part of the day. 

4:30 – 5:00 – I lay on my bed or couch and stretch out. Whenever I get home I try really hard to have a rest and let this guy have his space.  I usually read blogs or watch something on the Ipad.

5:00 – This is when I start to make dinner or cleanup around the house.  I try not to let myself lay around too long after I get home.  I start laundry, cleanup our bedroom or organize something.  This usually doesn't last long.  Chris is usually home for dinner or ready to hang out about 6:00.

6:00 – 8:30 – This is usually when I just spend time with Chris.  Lately we edit pictures or take pictures or talk about some aspect of photography.  We watch TV or go up to “our” park (Rock Canyon Park) and go for a walk.  Usually once or twice a week we have somewhere to go or be.  This is by far my favorite time of the day.

8:30 – I lay down to watch TV or read and quickly fall asleep.  I used to do this more on the couch, but lately I just go straight to bed.  I never mean to go to bed for the entire night but that’s usually what happens.  I sort of hate this because then I’m never fully prepared for the next day. 

That is my life right now. I won't say I have any pregnancy symptoms that make it so I can't do something, more that I'm just exhausted. I feel really large and I lack energy at the end of the day.  I am also craving a bit of exercise.  There is something awesome about feeling like you want to hike up a mountain.  Lately, I never feel that way, never ever. 


I am usually pretty stressed about the chores around my house.  There is always something that I’m stressing about cleaning up.  Chris thinks I’m OCD and I probably am.  However, even when he helps and does his best to chip in, sometimes I just find it easier to do it myself or I prefer doing it myself.  There are a few things I really want to complete before this guy gets here but at the end of the day they never seem to happen.  I’m leaning to be okay with that and the fact that being lazy is okay.

There you have it 35 weeks down, 5 more to go. 

No comments :

Post a Comment