Monday, November 25, 2013

39 Weeks & 1 Day...

No baby and no induction as of last night.  I called the doctor at 3:00 just like she told me to.  The on call doctor had not spoken to her and didn't know anything about what was going on. I was so frustrated because she told me that he would know.  I tried calling again, two hours later, and once again they just told me they would  try to reach her and call me back. By 6:00 I had figured we'd already be at the hospital and I was going a bit stir crazy. 

At this point I had been laying around all weekend - doctors orders.  I figured if she didn't even have the decency to call me back, than it probably wasn't that serious. I went and put my shoes on and told Chris to take me to get a Sprite or to Salem.  In the car the doctor finally called.  She said that she had a really hard time finding my test results because no one in the lab could find them.  Turns out the lab never tested anything, which is why she couldn't find the results.  At that point the lab was closed for the day and she said she would get them tested first thing in the morning.  She inquired if I was still really swollen or had any headaches.  I am still a bit swollen, but not that bad and have zero headaches.  Therefore, she told me just to stay flat and she would call me before noon today. 

Chris and I turned around and decided not to go see my parents.  We stopped and got a Slurpee and came home.  I finished my Christmas movie on the I pad and then watched Amazing Race.  I've never been into that show, but all the sudden I am.  I fell asleep early and about midnight Chris woke me up to go to bed.  Once I was in bed I could not sleep at all.  I hate when I have time alone with my thoughts.  Not just about the baby coming but so many other things.  I came back out to the couch,  put on another I pad Christmas movie and fell asleep.  Here I am awake at the crack of dawn, since I usually leave for work by 6:30AM.  I am going to try and let Chris sleep as long as possible. I've been quite the sass with him the last few days.

So the countdown to the arrival of Baby Bates continues.  Isn't this play by play entertaining.

In the meantime I'm really wishing I had some felt.  I'm not usually a fan of Pinterest and don't spend much time there, but I'm really loving these felt garlands.  I'd love to make a similar holiday garland for my shelf.  I might have to sass Chris one more time to the craft store if this bed rest thing lasts another day.

1 comment :

  1. Bed rest sounds like no fun. :( I'm sorry! I hope everything's ok though, and that you can hop up and craft until your cute little one decides to come. :)

    ReplyDelete