Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas...

I haven't been very good at feeling the holiday spirit this year.  I know, I know, it's my favorite time of year.  However, I don't think I was prepared for how overwhelmed I would feel with a newborn.  Perhaps overwhelmed isn't the right word.  I just didn't get anything done that I thought I would.  You know, with all this extra time I've had at home.  The other morning as Caldwell laid in my arms, I read the Christmas story in Luke.  It has a whole new meaning this year.  Especially since I have been paranoid about Caldwell being cold in this old house, with crappy windows.  I found myself trying to find out if it was cold in Bethlehem when Christ was born. I can only imagine how Mary would be worried if all she had was swaddling clothes in an old barn, with crappy windows. I doubt she called up her mother in law and sent her on the hunt for a space heater. 
Even before I knew I was pregnant with this guy I saw a picture in the temple of baby.  That day it hit me hard what a special gift children are to families, to parents and especially to mothers.  I might have totally slacked this year in my gifts to others and I haven't done one ounce of service.  Yet I don't think I've ever felt the true meaning of Christmas more - the gift giving was sent to me this year on December 2nd and it's a feeling and love I will never forget. 

Merry Christmas! 

1 comment :

  1. I am in love with this picture! His hair. . . .his face. . .his lips! So adorable! Hope you guys had a good Christmas! I need to come meet little Caldwell soon!

    ReplyDelete