Monday, January 13, 2014

Motherhood...

I've been trying to compose a really good post about motherhood.  However, the first two weeks of my childs life I got maybe 45 minutes of sleep - total.  The result was a horrendous itching rash all over my freakin body.  I scratched so much that everything bled and bruised.   It wasn't that I didn't have help or time to sleep.  I was just such a paranoid wreck that I wouldn't let my body shut down.  This coming from the girl who falls asleep at 9:00 every night within 5 minutes of my head hitting the pillow.  It still takes me at least an hour to fall asleep and this kid maxes out at four hours of sleep at a time.

Instead of continuing on my rant, check this LINK to a blog post that accurately describes how I feel about becoming a new mother.  

My personal favorite quote from her post...

"Breastfeeding is harder than climbing Mount Everest. For realz. I thought the difficult part would be hmmmm.....I don't know getting the baby to latch, but NO it's the fact that day after day you feel like you're running a 24 hour dairy farm under the supervision of the world's most demanding boss ever { a cute boss, but still demanding}. Add in the fact that at times your baby will stash a prison shank in his mouth and stab you in the chest with it. Sorry my friend, no amount of Lansinoh can help you with that."

She is not joking about that damn prison shank!!!
All that being said I love this little boy more than words. It's simply the best (most exhausting) happiest I've ever felt in my entire life.

1 comment :

  1. I remember being so sleep deprived and getting up to nurse in those early weeks I just remember thinking to myself "am I seriously going to try to do this for at least a year!?!!" It gets better...with time. Hang in mamma, you're doing great things!

    ReplyDelete