Sunday, May 4, 2014

Graduation & Such....

Well, we finally moved, again.  I've basically been moving once a year since 2005 when I graduated high school.  You would think I would be used to it.  However, this time it feels real.  Perhaps this time we're actually starting to put down some roots.  Chris is enjoying is new job, and I'm going strong on working over two years at the same place.  I'll be staying in Park City for awhile, and I'm coming to terms with it.  I have such mixed feelings on being a working mother.  That's another blog post in itself - I think I write it everyday in my head as I drive back and forth to work.  

This last week was so great.  Chris was able to walk in his graduation.  We celebrated after with hot dogs, watching my nephew Hayden play some BYU baseball.  Caldwell was exhausted, we rarely keep him out past his bedtime.  The payback was waking up every two hours all night.  Saturday, I just decided to say screw the house cleaning and do list and we all just got some rest.  These last few weeks have been more than I can describe, trying to move, work full-time, learn how to be a mom etc.  In the afternoon, we grabbed a quick bite at City Creek.  Chris, my city loving husband, loves how close we live to downtown.  I actually don't love the city, but I'm learning to adjust and Chris always surprises me with some activity I enjoy.  I'm sure we'll be down there more often.  We then got to ride out to my nephew Zac's soccer game. 

This Sunday was so relaxing with my small family.  I always anticipate what a pain it is to get all three of us to church at nine.  That sounds dumb, since I'm usually out the door by seven each morning.   Church at nine is tough since it's right in the middle of Cald's nap.  Sunday afternoons always surprise me by being way too great.  

My goal lately has been to try and enjoy my family and my time at home more.  I have constantly have a list of things to do a mile long.  I have decided if I am going to work than some things have got to give.  One of them is a perfectly clean house.  We still have boxes, and closets that are unorganized but I don't care. I just focused on Caldwell and Chris and it was such a great weekend. 

Tonight I feel content.  I think being content is one of the hardest emotions to obtain.  I love when it swoops in and fills you up. 

No comments :

Post a Comment