Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Green Smoothies...

One day Chris came home and said we should start doing green smoothies.  Truth is we have a $20 blender from Wal-mart and aint nobody want to deal with that.  Literally, this thing can hardly blend an over ripe banana.  A week later I went to Relief Society and it was a whole class on green smoothies.  Divine intervention?  Probably not, but it got me motivated to start. I didn’t want to splurge on a new blender, via the obvious fact that we might stick with it for so long.  Instead, I wake up put the frozen veggies in the blender with some hot water then go shower.  When I get out of the shower I put all the greens in spinach, kale, carrots, broccoli, etc.  Bam!  Green smoothie! Here are three tips that I think helped me.

1. Add coconut milk – it’s by boxed milks at the grocery store. We use the un-sweetened and it takes the edge off some of the strong flavored veggies.
2.  Use a lot more fruit than green’s to start.  50% fruit and 50% greens.  As time increases you will get used to the increased greens.  This week we started 75% greens, 50% fruit.
3.  Be prepared for some extra bowel movements.


Lots of recipes online, but quite frankly I just go to produce section and buy a bunch of stuff I like and put it in. 

No comments :

Post a Comment