Sunday, August 17, 2014

Here we are....

When I looked at the date today I paused for a complete three and a half seconds.  I can hardly believe summer is basically over.  Sisterville has already bought her back to school supplies and teaching away.  This summer has been so quick, so focused that there hasn't been much to write about. This past weekend for Chris's birthday we took a weekend trip to Park City, Snowbird Resort to celebrate.  We literally didn't go on any other vacations this summer.  We had anticipated this lack of excitement this summer and decided to deem this our "working summer"  since Chris started his new job and I'm still training to become a partner. 

Here is a quick photo dump of our life, along with some one liners.  Caldwell brings so much happiness into our home.  This last month or two he's basically stopped sleeping again and developed this little personality.  He throws fits when I walk out of a room and gets the biggest grin when I arrive back.  It's quite the miracle, motherhood that is, I mean who could ever anticipate being loved like that.  I find myself feeling the same way when I walk into a room and see him.  A mother's bond with her son is something, isn't it! 
I forgot a coat, long pants, etc.  Basically anything to keep warm.  Who would think the mountains would be chilly in August.  Duh!  Total mom fail. 
 These two are peas in a pod.  Caldwell got his dad's ability to laugh hysterically at anything.   Also since Cald was born Chris has been growling and rough housing with Cald.  Now Cald likes to growl if any sort of fun thing is happening.  
 Taking pics of Chris on his birthday is my favorite.  Inside the box was a hat in which he didn't like and didn't fit.  Wife fail. 
 When we lived in Heber I spent a lot of time exploring and hiking by myself.  Something I've really missed.  We also haven't went camping this summer and it's a total shame. 
 We rode this tram to the top of the mountain.  On top of that mountain we made an absolute total commitment to learn how to ski.  I can't imagine what this place looks like in the winter, covered in snow. 
A little marital bliss on top of the mountain.  We got to witness the kissing of the bride and all - to each his own. 
A view of our hotel on the way down.  We enjoyed the stay.  However, everywhere we ate had horrible service and not very good food.  Next time we'll seek out better dining. 
 Caldwell and hotel sleeping was something in itself.  I loved the way the light came through the window while Chris was still asleep.  Couldn't help but catch this kid in his element.  I hope I never forget this moment.  I think I tell myself that way too much. 
 We left the resort early to catch this lady before she went back to St. Johns.  A moment in time for my own son to meet  the finest lady out there.  I've always enjoyed our time together and hope to get to St. Johns soon for Caldwell to experience that in all it's glory. 
In my attempt to finish this post. I've only stopped six times, made a bottle, pulled three pieces of paper out of Cald's mouth, changed one bad diaper and lifted his bouncy chair off him twice.  Mommy blogging is for the birds.  Over and out! 

P.S. No time to fix any errors or sentences that don't make sense, I'm hitting publish with no time to look back.  

1 comment :

  1. Training to become a partner? Wow, you go girl!!! Sorry your summer has been so busy working. I am glad you were able to get away for the weekend together. Baby Caldwell is growing up so fast and he is so handsome!!! I am so glad you finally posted, I have been missing your posts.

    ReplyDelete