Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Faith...

I listened to a podcast this morning of Elder Bednar of the quorum of the twelve apostles.  Elder Bednar talked about Faith being an action word.  Obviously we've all heard that.  He related it to a dark hallway.  When we have faith in something we step into the dark, no matter what.  Realizing that the Lord will turn on the light for us to see.  This is one of the hardest aspects of the gospel for me, standing in the light is so much easier than stepping into it.  An old roommate and one of my best friends used to talk about something we refereed to as short term faith and long term faith.  We discussed how the big questions don't seem to bother us anymore, we don't necessarily struggle with long term faith.  At the time we were both moving in different directions and talking a lot about relationships that we were or weren't in at the time..  I am married now, she isn't but she will be someday.  The big things always come, its the small stuff that creates the big things.  It's the short term faith that's the bigger struggle and perhaps what matters more, what can I do today to have hope?  How can I step into the dark hallway this week and truly know without a shadow of a doubt the light will turn on?  My goal today is to find myself a dark hallway and step in.


No comments :

Post a Comment