Thursday, June 25, 2015

Lunch Break...

For two and a half years I never took a lunch break at work.  I ate at my desk and continued working.  At the first of the year I decided I needed a break in the middle of the day.  I'm trying to be happier remember.  Even if it was a ten minute walk, and I started doing this by setting an alarm on my computer.  I now do this consistently about three times a week.  The rest of the time I'm usually in a lunch meeting.  A co-worker mentioned she heard about a study about lunch meetings.  If the menu is provided in advance the person always picks something healthy, like a salad.  If the person is presented with the lunch menu an hour before the meeting or the morning of the meeting, the person is more likely to pick the hamburger and fries.  Which is something to think about isn't it.  We make better decisions beforehand, something I think could apply to more than just one aspect of life.

No comments :

Post a Comment