Wednesday, July 8, 2015

This American Girl - A Blog

There’s a blog I’ve been reading called This American Girl.  The basis of it is that she quit her 40 hour a week job and now spends her life traveling.  She has a renewed sense of how to live life and writes about it on her blog. There’s a couple interesting things to me about her and inspirational people in general.  First, whatever the person is passionate about they live that way to the extreme. No fence sitters.  I often wish I was THAT passionate about something. I also think sticking to your guns when faced with ridicule is cool.  I'm sort of a people pleaser, so I find it entertaining learning from those who are not.  She doesn’t just say quite your job and travel the world.  She truly believes anyone can do it and you can tell that from the way she writes. 

Second, I’m struggling with the whole American Dream fact right now.  I’ve mentioned before how hard it is for me to work so much and still manage my family responsibilities.  I’ve gained weight sitting at my desk day after day.  I don't think people were made to sit in front of a computer all day. So reading her blog has helped me be more active.  Realizing that today I might not be able to leave my desk and travel the world, but I can go for a walk during lunch.  Its all about the first step.  Here's the link

No comments :

Post a Comment