Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Pregnant with #2


Here's the deal.  I am the 5th child in my family, by the time it got to me all was forgotten.  We've spent years teasing my mom that I have no baby book, nor any pictures of me because well there was five of us.  I get it now.  When I was pregnant with Caldwell I recorded each week in my personal journal, each ache, pain and thought I had was properly recorded each Sunday.  Now I'm just so tired from chasing around C at church that I sleep all afternoon.  This is my attempt at a record.

We found out we were expecting our second child in October.  Quite frankly I find it physically impossible the timing of this child, but hey timing is everything, right?  Anyway, one day my sister Nancy came up and helped me texture my living room in our new fixer upper house.  More on that later, I guess.  Well Nancy basically did everything and texturing isn't really hard.  By the time she left I was tired I wanted to die. In wasn't very many days later that Chris was around and we were able to take a test and find out. I love the above photo because it looks like Caldwell know's what is going on, but really his nose if just running we had good timing, again. 

The truth is this pregnancy has been a lot harder that Caldwell's.  I've thrown up a lot more but it's not just that.  Every time I've taken a pre-natal vitamin I've thrown it up.  I'm now taking Flintstones chew-ables like a toddler because my stomach just can't handle it.  I think the fatigue is what gets me the most.  With Caldwell I could come home and lay on the couch all night and it didn't matter because it was just Chris and I.  Now I have C to worry about, make dinner for, etc.  It's just been harder.  

The last big thing that's been unique to this pregnancy and not to C's in the headaches.  I've never been someone who suffered migraines or headaches in general.  However, this time I've had two that were debilitating - like call into work sick and hold up under the covers for a day.  Knock on wood, I haven't had one for about a month.  

The truth is I'm just thrilled about pregnancy this time.  I had no idea what to expect the first time around.  This time there's a realization that this isn't a process we go through thousands of times in life.  I'm doing my best to enjoy each kick and look forward with anticipation instead of fear to the hospital experience. Because the truth is when they hand you that little baby your whole world shifts in a magical way and despite the terrible hardships that come with it, I can't wait for the shift again.  

No comments :

Post a Comment