Saturday, June 17, 2017

Bucket List....

I have only been a mom for 3.5 years.  I have wracked my brain on why motherhood feels so hard for me.  I try to blame it on the fact that I require a lot of sleep and motherhood does not allow for a lot of sleep.  However, more than the sleeping thing I realized how much I lost a lot of my goals in becoming a mom.  I spend very little time thinking about what I want, but what everyone needs.  Since quitting my job, I've really been focused on the fact that life is here.  There's no more waiting until I graduate, or get a job, or the kids are easier.  This is it.  So I made a realistic and short bucket list in hopes I can start doing and thinking about some things for me. 

1.  Play a role in someone's conversion story - attend their baptism
2.  Publish a book
3.  Run a half marathon
4.  Got to an ultimate fight with Chris
5.  Have a fish eating pedicure
6.  Do a session at the Palmyra Temple
7.  Have another baby
8.  Take country swing lessons
9.  Got to Ireland/London
10.  Dye my hair purple
11.  Hike Havasupai
12.  Spend an entire weekend with Chris - without our children
13.  Wear my fancy shoes somewhere nice
14.  Do x-mas around the world with my kids 
15.  Make money doing something that fills me up
16.  Go "mudding"
17.  Re-read and actually finish Jesus the Christ
18.  Do a session in the Manti Temple
19.  Serve a mission 
20.  Spend a week on a Carolina beach with Chris and our kids
21.  Visit the spiral jetty
22.  Red the Book of Mormon in one day
23.  See old faithful
24.  Camp/Re-visit in the spot Chris proposed
25.  Attend a red carpet event
26.  Hike or ride horses to the Big Tree with Caldwell
27.  Become a true Don
28.  See an Olympic event in person 
29.  Get paid to speak at an event
30.  Give shelter to someone who needs it, for free
31.  Play volleyball on a team
32.  Pickup a hitch hiker
33.  Go to the NFR with Chris
34.  Hike the Y
35.  See the buffalo on Antelope Island


No comments :

Post a Comment